When women succeed, America succeeds.
When we cheat women, we cheat American families.
The Paycheck Fairness Act would:
- Add protections to the Equal Pay Act of 1963 and the Fair Labor Standards Act in an attempt to close the gender wage gap,
- Ban the long age practice of salary secrecy,
- Increase penalties for employers who retaliate against workers who share wage information,
- Allow workers to sue for damages of pay discrimination, and;
- Provide more training for employers on collecting pay gap information and eliminating pay disparities.
It is time that America delivers a sweeping change. It is time that we stand for women because when women succeed, America succeeds.